Protip: Any big news announced on April 1st is almost always a lie.
However, I will be aiming to have more frequent vote incentives. For example:
Regarding today’s comic:
Guardian Spaghetti Marinara With Italian Sausage Meatballs
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
In a large saucepan combine crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, sugar, parsley, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil, and ground black pepper. Add capers and crushed red pepper if desired. Cover. Bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer, with cover, for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage, bulk
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. oil
Crumble sausage, combine with beef, garlic, parsley, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in large bowl. Pour milk over. Mix thoroughly. Form meatballs and brown in oil.
- 1 pound spaghetti
As sauce simmering time nears, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti until al dente. Serve the meatballs and sauce over the cooked spaghetti.